- The University of Notre Dame’s Data Integrity team searched for ways to improve data quality as they moved over to Salesforce.
- Traction Complete helped clean up their data as well as understand and build on existing relationships
- Now, they can easily see what companies have provided sponsorships, grants, pledges or named gifts and use this information to prospect into other levels of the family tree
The University of Notre Dame was founded in 1842 and has since become one the leading teaching institutions in the United States.
Want to save this to read later? Download the PDF.
In 2016, the University of Notre Dame was kicking off a project to migrate from Advance Web to Salesforce. The first phrase of the project was focused primarily on firmographic information on accounts and contacts. However, the account data within Advance Web was not clean.
Migrating those corporate donations (Opportunities) and merging the records was going to be a tremendously complicated process for our Data Integrity team.
– Dean Ernzen, Program Director, Business Optimization
The Data Integrity team at Notre Dame was searching for ways to improve data quality as they moved over to Salesforce. They had used batch cleansing from Dun & Bradstreet and Clean and Prospector from Data.com. Merging duplicate accounts was particularly challenging because many had Opportunities associated with them.
Notre Dame uses Traction Complete in four key areas:
1. Automatically linking accounts in their legal corporate family trees using DUNS numbers.
2. Displaying the contacts and opportunities related to the account hierarchy in a single view.
3. To support data hygiene, the tool calls out any duplicate accounts and provides on the spot merge functionality.
4. Running roll-up summary reports to gain a true appreciation for how an account is engaging with the University and understand the overall value of the relationship.
Notre Dame has been using Traction Complete for three years to maintain their data cleanliness, thereby supporting the Data Integrity team.
MAKE WARM CALLS, NOT COLD CALLS.
The Corporate and the Foundation Relations teams are leveraging Traction Complete to understand and build on existing relationships. They can easily see what companies have provided sponsorships, grants, pledges or named gifts and use this information to prospect into other levels of the family tree. They are also able to quickly understand how much certain companies have given in the past year, as well as their entire lifetime.
THE FINAL WORD
The career center at Notre Dame is starting to use Traction Complete to monitor and report on alumni relations. They are tracking companies that are coming to campus to interview and hire students, and using roll-up reporting on the number of Notre Dame alumni that are working within a particular family tree, company or industry. The Corporate Relations team is now able to do a lot more warm calls, because they are able to connect directly to an alumnus and ask for an introduction to other influencers in larger organization